Site last updated 29/08/2023 14:10:30
The organ and church choir at St. John the Baptist and All Saints, Easingwold
Although we currently do not have a robed church choir, one had been in existence at the Parish Church for well over a century up until very recently – initially it consisted of men and boys only, but in 1978 ladies and girls were admitted, when the robes changed from black cassocks with white surplices and ruffs for the boys to scarlet coloured cassocks and white surplices for all.
The organ – 2 manual (great and swell) with pedal – was built by Abbott & Smith of Leeds in 1903, when Mrs Katherine Love of Hawkhills was noted as a prime benefactor.
The organ was cleaned and restored with new pedal board in 1990 by Principal Pipe Organs of York.
Organ enthusiasts are always welcome.