St. John the Baptist and All Saints Church lies at the highest point of the old market town of Easingwold on Church Hill. It overlooks the town to the south and, from our cemetery behind the church, it has a fine and clear view to the north over to the White Horse of Kilburn and over the Vale of York to the Yorkshire Dales. In the past, prior to major development, the church would have been visible from a wide area around Easingwold.
The present church dates mainly from the 15th century, although it contains possible remains of older fabric and a reset 12th century doorway. In 1853 a porch was added by the Lancaster architect E.G. Paley, and in 1858 the church was restored by the same architect.